It can be really tricky to keep your lips moisturized, especially during the winter months. Starting a lip care routine can help you avoid cracked, dry lips and leave you with moisturized and kissable lips.
My all time favorite lip scrub is really easy to mix and contains only three ingredients that most of us will have in the kitchen.
Virgin coconut oil – will help moisturize and nourish your lips.
Honey – known for its antibacterial properties that help prevent infection and promote healing.
Sugar – a natural exfoliator.
Lip scrub ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (I used Manuka honey)
- 1-2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix 1tbsp coconut oil and 1tbsp honey.
- Add heaped 1-2 tsp brown sugar and mix until combined. (Adjust the sugar ratio to achieve your desired scrub consistency)
- Add additional coconut oil if needed to smoothen the mixture.
- Transfer the scrub mixture into a container with a lid.
How to use:
- Before each use, allow the scrub to stand at room temperature to soften up before applying to your pout.
- Using a generous amount, apply the scrub to your lips in a circular motion.
- Let it sit for 1-2 minutes and then remove with a warm washcloth.
- Apply your favorite lip balm to maximize the results.
I reused a baby food jar to store my lip scrub, no I don’t have a baby but I use banana purity for an amazing DIY moisturizing hair treatment. Use the scrub before you apply matte lipstick to help prevent it from looking rough and uneven.
Have you guys ever used lip scrubs before and did you make one your self or buy from the store? Please leave me a comment below.
Disclaimer: As with any skin care regimen, always do a test patch first to see if your skin is allergic to any of the ingredients. Everyone’s skin is different so results can vary from person to person. This post is provided for information and educational purposes. It is not intended to constitute medical advice. Please discontinue use if your skin does not react well.