I don’t have a major sweet tooth problem, however often when I’m eating clean or trying to be very healthy I crave something sweet, around mid-afternoon or in the evenings after dinner. Even though I try to eat healthily, I like to have something small that will help curb the sweet cravings, so I’m always trying out healthy alternatives.You can imagine my excitement when I first came across this recipe on social media, it’s so easy to make – you just mix all the ingredients in a blender! I also loved the fact that it’s gluten-free, dairy-free and only has natural sugars. It makes a great afternoon tea snack or dessert after supper if you not currently on a strict eating plan.
Banana and Chocolate Muffins
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Bananas
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup dates – pitted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¼ cup chopped dark chocolate
- Extra coconut oil to coat the muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Add all the ingredients in a blender or food processor, except for the dark chocolate.
- Blend or process on high until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped dark chocolate – do not blend.
- Generously coat a muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Scoop 2 heaping tablespoons of mixture evenly into tin.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until golden brown and toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Leve them to cool for 5 mins in the muffin tin, then gently remove.
- Enjoy slightly warmed or at room temperature.
Remember if you buy good quality dark chocolate with a high cocoa content, then it’s actually quite nutritious and a great source of Antioxidants. I usually buy 70-85% cocoa Lindt dark chocolate.
Comment below and let me know what you do to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings while you trying to eat clean?